Most men simply want to feel better so in this short article we will cover the top 5 things you can do today to feel better immediately or in the very near future. As with any health habit the key is consistency. When you dial in everything included in this article you will feel noticeably better almost immediately. It does not require a drastic overhaul of your health habits in order to notice results. So let’s dive in!
1. Drink more water. Most people don’t drink enough water and the benefits are too long to list. You should aim for half your body weight in ounces and make this a huge priority. Not only will it help with weight loss but your energy levels will increase drastically if you make it consistent. Portion control becomes easier and you’ll be less tempted to drink sugary energy drinks and soda. Try setting an alert on your phone every hour to remind you.
2. Stop skipping breakfast. It doesn’t have to be a long drawn out process. But try slamming a protein shake and having a handful of almonds to start the day. It’s better than skipping and will help your energy levels tremendously. If you are following intermittent fasting you still need to make sure you’re getting in the proper nutrients each day. Skipping breakfast and then having a light lunch and a huge dinner followed by ice cream won’t help you.
3. Start cutting back on sugar. We know sugar is terrible for us and I realize it’s easier said than done. But every little bit counts. Try cutting back on soda and sugary energy drinks and count on real nutrition for your energy instead. When you incorporate nutrient dense foods into your life on a consistent basis you won’t need “fake” energy that you get from sodas and energy drinks. If I could tell you one thing to give up when it comes to feeling better and having more success with weight loss it is sugar.
4. Get more active. If you aren’t currently working out don’t let it overwhelm you. Start slow. Try committing to 3 walks per week for 10 minutes and build some momentum. Your body will reward you very quickly and you’ll be shocked at how fast you get the benefits. Exercise, even in short bursts can help tremendously with stress management, sleep as well as your energy levels throughout the day. It is very common for people to say they don’t work out because they are too tired. But once you buy into the process you’ll quickly realize how much more energy you have when you work out regularly.
5. Fix your sleep!! It all starts with sleep and if you aren’t getting enough quality sleep you’ll struggle in every other area including your fitness. When you’re low on sleep you’ll have elevated cortisol levels and it’ll make it extremely difficult to lose weight. You will also feel tired all the time and certainly won’t be motivated to work out if you are running on fumes. Getting solid sleep both in quality and quantity can have a huge impact on the rest of your health. Figure out where your body feels most well rested and become laser focused on your sleep schedule. Make this a priority and you will notice a drastic improvement in many areas of life.
By focusing on the top 5 things you can do today to feel better immediately you have a solid foundation of actionable steps. Just remember these are things you must practice DAILY to experience the benefits. Like with most things in life, consistency is the key and when it comes to healthy consistency is everything.
If you’re ready to join an amazing community of men who are all working toward become the healthiest version of themselves join The MAN UP Community today. We work on all of these health habits listed in the article and also do monthly habit change challenges that focus on crucial health habits to help you feel better quickly. Join here: The MAN UP Community